- H – Head away from poisons – Begin a treasure hunt for ways to avoid these poisons in your life.
- Water – purify your water.
- Air Quality – Purify the air in your home, office and car.
- Chemicals on our foods and processed foods – Search for organic food.
- Poisonous negative thoughts and unforgiveness
- E – Exercise – A long list of health benefits come with exercise. It can be as powerful an antidepressant as psychotherapy or medication for chronic mild depression. Exercise creates muscle, which burns fat. Exercise provides cardiovascular protection, flexibility and oxygenation. Recently, in a joint study conducted by Harvard and Columbia Universities, researchers found that a series of short doses of intense aerobic exercise (each one sixty second or less) followed by complete aerobic recovery, had a profound positive impact on the study participants. Each component of exercise increases health and longevity.
- Strength Training
- Deep breathing
- A – Attitude – What we choose to think on throughout the day will determine our faith, feeling and focus. If we choose to think on the blessings God has bestowed, even when it doesn't look like those blessings are present, we begin to walk by faith and not by sight. Then we become a blessing attracting blessings into our lives. "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." ~ Proverb 23:7 KJ
- Develop Gratitude. "Thanksgiving is our dialect." Eph 5 The Message
- Develop an "I CAN attitude" "Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." ~ Phillipians 4:13 The Message
- Replace fear and worry with faith.
- Lessen stress. Acknowledge that it is okay to say "No."
- Develop the habit of laughter. ~ "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones." ~ Prov 17:22
- L – Love – Create and cherish loving relationships. Be a voice of encouragement and hope to your family and friends. Invest in relationships. Be a giver to others and what you give will be returned to you. "Give and it shall be given, pressed down, shaken together and running over shall men give unto you." Luke 6:38.
- T – Thoughts and Words – Think and speak with intention. God has given us the ability to choose the thoughts that we allow to remain in our minds and to speak the words we desire. Thoughts and words have great power to create. – "Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." ~ Prov 18:21
- Capture and cherish thoughts. Never allow a fearful or negative thought to remain in your mind. Immediately change channels
- Refuse to speak what you do not wish to come to pass. Ps 141:3 "Set a watch, O Lord, over my mouth. Keep the door of my lips. " Begin to create your future by speaking into existence exactly what you do wish to come to pass.
- Speak the powerful Word of God. "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are LIFE unto those that find them, and HEALTH to all their flesh." ~ Prov 4:22,23
- H – Healthy Nutrient-Dense Foods, Food Supplements, and Pure Water. Every cell in our body cries out daily "Feed me or I will die." Strive to get a broad assortment of foods in our diet. The average American, according to the surgeon general's report, eats 12 things. Our intake of nonfood items is increasing more and more. The Kellog Report states it this way: "We are eating more and more of less and less."
- Treasure hunt for those foods that are as close to nature as possible before they have been chemicalized and processed into nutrient-less choices.
- Eat six, small, nutrient dense meals daily.
- Find supplements that are made from foods as close to nature as possible. Find supplements with solid research and clinical studies behind them.
- Daily drink a minimum of 1/2 your body weight in (ounces of) pure water. Choose to let water become your beverage of choice.
- Y – Yes to Rest – Rest is vital to our health. We need eight hours of restful sleep each night.
Growing children require more sleep. 10-15 hours of sleep at night is needed for infants. Rechargeable batteries are only useful if they are recharged. Our nervous system has to have rest. We make our own chemicals to allow the healing process during rest.
The rest we need:
a. Nightly sleep
- R & R – time for vacations and down time to rest and relax will recharge our batteries and give us a needed break from the stresses of daily life.
b. Time to recover every 90 to 120 minutes The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr tells us that to sustain full engagement, we must take time to recover throughout the day.
Review of the Seven Basics of Health: This is not an inclusive list for sure but is the bottom line of my understanding from my years of life and research.
- H – Head away from poisons
- E – Exercise
- A – Attitude
- L – Loving relationships
- T – Thoughts and Words
- H – Healthy nutrient dense foods
- Y – Yes to Rest
"Deep within the heart of every ill person is the desire to correct the foolishness of a lifetime. Nutrition is the balance of everything we need at the right time at the right place so we have the building blocks. Nurturing means supporting and encouraging a process that brings forth life and health." ~ Dr. Richard Brouse (Chiropractic physician, biochemist, author and clinical nutritionist)
Certified Nutrition Consultant and Owner of Fabufit.com
Fabufit teaches you timeless principles for changing your fitness from the inside out.
Make old age wait as you learn the specific but simple step by step Fabufit System.
Fabufit can be your 12 Weeks to a Lifetime. Interactive Teleclass, Web-base Correspondence Course; and many other Fabufit products are offered at
1 877 FABFIT4