Any one of the seven website copywriting secrets I’m about to reveal can increase your conversion rate by itself. But use ALL of them together and you’ll create an unstoppable online salesperson that will sell your product or service 24/7!
1. Write to a Targeted Audience. Know EXACTLY who your niche market is. Then target your sales copy to precisely what they’re looking for.
You can learn about your site visitors by looking at your server logs.
What’s your most popular page?
Where do visitors stay for the longest time?
Where do people most often click away?
When do most people visit?
Also consider the questions or comments you get from customers after a sale.
Armed with hard information, you can write sales letter and website copy that addresses their specific needs. And you can answer any questions or objections they might have, just the way a sales rep would in person.
2. Create an attention-grabbing headline. A winning sales letter headline gets straight to the point and promises an answer to the problem your visitor is trying to solve.
Here’s an example of a sales-winning online sales letter headline: Now, In Just 9 Easy Steps, You Can Transform Ordinary Fabric Into a Handmade Quilt That Your Family and Friends Will Love, Admire and Cherish -Even If You Have Never Made a Quilt Before!
Notice how the headline addresses precisely what the target web site visitor is looking for. If you keep your headline highly relevant, simple, and specific, your reader will read on.
3. Establish Credibility. Your visitors are just two clicks away from dozens or even hundreds of other websites similar to yours. Why should they believe what you have to say? You have to prove what you’re about to tell them can be trusted. So:
Give your credentials
Tell a story
Add a strong guarantee
4. Talk About Benefits, Not Just Features. Your potential customers want to know how your product or service will make THEIR lives easier. Drive this home by focusing on benefits and answering the question, What’s in it for me?
Here’s an example:
Feature: The Grade A Gardening Shovel is ergonomically designed to remove weeds more efficiently than traditional shovels.
Benefit: Get your weeding done in half the time AND reduce wrist soreness!
5. Add a Sense of Urgency to Your Online Sales Letter for Immediate Sales. You need to give your prospects a good reason to buy NOW rather than later.
Here are 4 urgency-builders to nudge prospects into pulling out their credit cards:
Only a limited number available
Available for a limited time only
Limited-time coupons or discounts
Special bonus in limited quantities
6. Format for Easy Scanning. People scan online rather than reading word by word. To keep your readers’ attention you must break up your website sales copy text. Here’s how…
Use bulleted lists and subheads
Make short, chunky paragraphs of one to four lines — and mix them up
Emphasize important points with bolding, highlighting, or italics
Use a plain font like Arial or Verdana
Use only relevant graphics and images
Put your text on a plain white or light background
7. Ask for the Order. Once you’ve drawn your readers through the sales process by explaining the features and benefits of your product or service, you need to spell out EXACTLY what you want your reader to do.
To order now and receive your copy within minutes, click here!
Click here to take advantage of this limited time offer!
To get your widget — backed by our 100% risk-free guarantee — click here now!
If you don’t make the next step absolutely crystal clear for your readers, there’s no telling how many sales might slip through your fingers.
When it comes to your online business, your website and online sales copy is your one and only chance to communicate directly with your potential customers and tell them WHY they should buy from you. So use these seven online copywriting techniques wisely to make sure your online sales copy actually sells.
About the Author:
CEO of Internet Marketing Center, Derek Gehl educates over 1.8 million Internet business owners per month on how to create incomes of $100,000 to $2.5 MILLION or more per year online. Now you can discover the powerful and proven copywriting and Internet Marketing strategies Derek uses to Quickly, Easily And Automatically make $10.42 for every $1 he invests in online marketing! Get it now at: http://www.marketingtips.com/tipsltr.html