You don’t have to immerse yourself in the negativity of the news to know that something big is happening, and it’s not a “correction” either. It’s a full blown shift-quake – and I believe this shift is a good thing – but it has created a tsunami of fear.
The modified Mercalli scale of earthquake intensity is fascinating. This scale is similar to the more common Richter scale but rates the quake relative to location. There are twelve insightful levels (italicized text is direct from the descriptions on the web. Read all twelve at http://www.seismo.unr.edu):
- Level 1: People do not feel any Earth movement. There is measurable movement, but no one “notices”. (That’s interesting …)
- Level 3: Many people indoors feel movement. Hanging objects swing back and forth. People outdoors might not realize that an earthquake is occurring. (Think back about 24 – 36 months. Many experts and “ordinary” people who were paying attention began to warn that the ground we were building our booming economy on was shaky. Our economic picture was beginning to swing, but few cared to listen. We were having too much fun. Party on!)
- Level 5: Almost everyone feels movement. Sleeping people are awakened. Doors swing. Dishes are broken. Pictures on the wall move. Small objects move or are turned over. Trees might shake. Liquids might spill out of open containers. (I love this description – “sleeping people are awakened”. Very interesting. Early 2008 was clearly a Level 5 shake, but still many chose to ignore it.)
- Level 7: People have difficulty standing. Loose bricks fall from buildings. Damage is slight to moderate in well-built buildings; considerable in poorly built buildings. (Ah … yes, here we are in middle to late 2008. Foreclosures here, foreclosures there, oil up up up, hints of problems in the auto industry and consumer confidence tanking.)
- Level 9: Well-built buildings suffer considerable damage. Houses that are not bolted down move off their foundations. The ground cracks. Reservoirs suffer serious damage. (Reservoirs like banks, Lehman Brothers, WaMu, major retailers bankrupt, etc., etc.)
How are you holding up these days? Are you like poorly built structures with weak, unstable foundations already experiencing considerable damage? Or, is your foundation strong and stable – you’ve observed the chaos but are largely unaffected by it? Or are you somewhere in between?
I notice that I have mostly strong days when the shaking is barely noticeable, but I too can get rocked by a wave of fear if I’m not diligent in my personal practice to maintain my foundation.
The foundation of a building is simple to understand: concrete, blocks and mortar anchored to the ground. Your success foundation is energetic and the product of your mindset and your “body-set”. What is happening today requires a significantly greater degree of awareness, spiritual maturity and diligence – a stronger and higher tech foundation.
A strong energetic foundation is built on the study and practical application of Spiritual truths including the Law of Attraction, the Law of Polarity and others. If you have yet to study these principals any deeper than what was introduced in The Secret, now is the time to commit to a higher level of understanding and awareness. Don Miguel Ruiz in his book The Voice of Knowledge beautifully outlines the greatest challenge to creating a strong energetic foundation through “right-thinking”. Quite simply, Ruiz explains, your mind is filled with lies. The great majority of your thoughts are not truth, they are part of the collective dream.
When the mind simply won’t let go of negative spin and fear, doubt and worry gain a toe hold attracting more of the same. As an entrepreneur desiring success in an environment of intense shift/shake, you cannot afford for this to happen. There are four simple steps that I use daily to maintain a strong foundation for success. While the first three are likely familiar, the last one may surprise you. Most do not employ their physical body as a part of their personal growth practices. You know exercise is good for you and you’ve likely noticed that you are better able to maintain a positive mood, have more energy, etc when you exercise, but it is unlikely that you are harnessing the amazing power your physical body holds in creating and maintaining your personal foundation for success.
- Prayer, meditation and study – daily connection to Source and your higher-self is like proper “site prep” before a desired physical result can emerge. Structure your schedule around your prayer/meditation time rather than fitting prayer/meditation into an already overcrowded schedule. Ongoing and consistent study of spiritual works is essential. Read and re-read what challenges you.
- Plan your day then execute the plan – make and follow a blue print for your day. Write down your 3 most aligned action steps to be completed that day – no excuses.
- Prevent cracks and leaks by avoiding sources of negativity including TV, radio, internet news sources, well meaning neighbors and friends. Increase time spent connecting with your coach, teachers and aligned sources of inspiration.
- Support your foundation physically with 20- 30 minutes of activity that enliven and strengthen the feet, legs, hips and lower back – think “power moves” like squats and lunges and yoga postures such as Mountain, Warrior, and Chair. Nutritionally, protein foods such as organic meat, legumes, hemp seeds, organic soy, and other vegetarian sources. Protein foods create structure and a strong foundation is all about structure. Choose protein sources in alignment with your nutritional needs and beliefs.
- Employ all four of these steps daily and you will continue to stand tall in your success regardless of how shaky things appear.
About the Author:
MaryKay Morgan, MS is the Potential to Profits Coach guiding you to bring your passionate vision into physical form. Integrating her expertise in exercise physiology, biomechanics, kinesiology, nutrition, energy medicine and personal development she created the only body-direct system for entrepreneurial success. Discover MaryKay’s unique programs for entrepreneurs, coaches and fitness professionals including The Now Program at www.YourBodyYourGuru.com.