It’s becoming a national nightmare for the working class in this country. According to a recent survey — ONLY 45 percent of today’s employees are satisfied with their work. Not surprising, this was the lowest level ever recorded by the Conference Board research group in more than 22 years of studying the issue.
5 Sure-Fire ways to rejuvenate your present career
1. Get the big picture. Stay focused on what’s going on in your own company and your industry in general. Is the marketplace changing? Where will your company be in five, ten, fifteen years? In addition, where will your industry be? You don’t want to be a salmon swimming upstream and chasing your goals!
2. Nurture your passion. Everyone has passion for what they do. If you don’t, then you will NOT succeed at ANYTHING you do. Discover yours and see if you can transfer that new skill to boost your company’s profits (or your career in general!) Discover new revenue streams or cost reductions that can add to your company’s bottom line. When you do, you can write your ticket to earning more money in the shortest time possible!
3. Find Yourself a Mentor. I don’t care how young or old you are. There is somebody out there that knows a lot more than you do. That person has been there and done it already and he can be your ticket to helping you succeed. Your goal is to find that guru and cajole them into guiding you. It’s been said you need approximately 1000 hours to learn a new skill, (to master, you’ll need
more.) Nevertheless, if you get a mentor, you can cut your time in half.
4. Join or create a mastermind group. Two heads are better than one. Five or six are ideal. Search out folks who are in respective fields (or yours) that can help you solve problems and help boost your business or skill level. Then meet at a specific time each month to brainstorm ideas for each other. IMPORTANT: Only form or join a mastermind group with folks that are at your level or above.
5. Discover your USP (Unique Selling Proposition) Every person on this planet has a USP. The secret is to unleash what is special about you and then inform the rest of humanity about it. To succeed today, you have learn how to effectively market yourself. You must learn what is special about yourself and how you are better at it than your competition to really stand out from the crowd. Reveal it, develop it — and you can easily be the “go to” person in your industry or business.
Finally, NEVER, ever, rest on your laurels and think you’ve figured it out or become satisfied at where you are in your career. Change is good. Getting a fresh start by rebooting yourself, if done correctly and with precision, can be an exhilarating and liberating experience.
Peter Fogel is a Reinvention Expert, Author and sought after Keynote Speaker who delivers presentations to corporations on Reinvention, Effective Team Building, Public Speaking, Marketing and How to achieve work/life balance using humor.
An Information Marketer and President of Peter Fogel Presents LLC, a South Florida based consultant group. The author transformed himself from a late night television comic who’s either worked or appeared on over 22 television shows
(including “Married With Children”) … into an in an in demand Sales Writer, Marketing Consultant & Corporate Trainer.
For an autographed copy of his best-selling book, Reboot Your Career:27 Ways to Reinvent Yourself in the Workplace
(If You Still Have a Job) visit rebootyourcareernow.com